This is a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Director to join a specialist organisation who are experts in their field of customer service management solutions. As part of this vibrant and dynamic organisation you will lead and manage a small sales team to achieve growth of the client portfolio. You will be commercially focused with the ability to think and plan strategically, supporting the team to achieve the business goals, both in the UK and worldwide.
Relationship building, pricing and presenting will be second nature to you along with a positive and motivational management style. You will be results driven with a professional and consultative approach.
- To lead and manage a sales team to achieve the strategic and commercial aims of the business.
- To formulate and implement a business development plan that optimizes the potential of inbound new business enquiries, as well as managing proactive and targeted leads and campaigns.
- Providing leadership and direction for the sales team; keeping them focused and motivated, managing and allocating workload/leads and ensuring the contact database and pipeline is kept up to date and accurate.
- Taking the lead on high-value business leads, client proposals, quotes and tenders and price negotiations.
- Setting up meetings with decision makers, attending industry functions and other client-facing activities that raise the profile of the business.
- Managing and being proactive in exploring new channels for business development.
Skills and experience required:
- You will be a proven leader in business development and account management, with a strong track record in consultative B2B sales.
- Ideally you will have previous experience of managing a sales team to achieve individual and company targets.
- You will be a confident communicator who can present, negotiate and build relationships with new clients and senior decision makers.
- A strategic thinker, you will be confident working with the most senior people in the business to formulate and implement ambitious but achievable business development targets.
If you have a proven track record in business development with previous experience of managing a sales team then this could be the next step in your career. This offers a great opportunity to join a credible and professional organisation and make a real contribution to the next stages of its success.
Please note that this role with involve some travel and overnight stays within the UK and occasionally further afield, typically up to 3 nights a month.
For an informal chat please contact Jo Ryder or Katie Slade on (01392) 314008